Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

New To Clarion IDE 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

amarbirr

Programmer
Dec 26, 2010
CA
Hello Everyone,

I have never done any programming in Clarion and just inherited a huge application done in Clarion 6.3 .

Please help me find a window. Following is the situation:

When I click On a Menu Item( a submenu8 of main frame window ) in our software, a Window/Dialog is displayed with a grid like list in it and a few buttons" and title Process...

I just want to know how do I find this window in the Dev enviornment( IDE 6.3 ) so that I can look at the Code( embed points ) for it.

It is a huge application which Uses MultiPrj for dividing up the application into multiple exes and dlls.

Hi!

Without knowing Clarion, you have a big task ahead of you. So, make sure you have proper backups before venturing into changes.

From what I can understand of your question, you need to ::

1. Open the Application (.APP) in the Clarion IDE. The Application must be the main one i.e. the one that creates the EXE (in case your application has multiple APPs which creates DLLs and a EXE). You can find out if it creates an EXE by clicking on Application --> Properties and looking at Destination Type.

2. Double-click on the frame procedure (normally called Main). The frame procedure will be on the top of the tree under the "Procedure" tab.

3. Click on the "Window" button and it will load the window formatter. Double-click on the Menu Bar at the top and it will load the Menu editor. Scroll down to the entry you want and highlight it. On the "Action" tab on the right hand side, you can see the Procedure Name of the procedure being called.

Hope this helps.

Regards

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back