Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

New to Cisco. Guidance MPLS configuration.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ProviderReborn

Technical User
Jun 11, 2007
GB
Evening guys.

New to Cisco & just completed my ICND1, would any one have some sample configs or some pointers to MPLS?

It would be good to see the structure of how to build one up and any pointers I should be looking out for.

Many thanks.

Oh the MPLS is BT (British Telecom) Supplied.

ACA - IP Office Implement
ACA - IP Telephony
ACS - IP Office Implement
CCNA - Working towards.

Are you planning to buid a lab or production nw? You need a pretty expensive high-end router/switch (6500 series switch w/route module or 7200 series router).

Burt

Hello
Is the MPLS included in the CCENT course?Or are going for the CCNP?
Any here's a good site to get the concepts of MPLS.There's also lots of other stuff well written and explained.

Cisco also has a good easy to read doc with,an example configuration,if I find it I will post it as well.
Regards

when you order an mpls connection from BT.. you probably wont be manageing any of the routers that have mpls config in them..

is the Ce router telco managed or do you ?

Ah, ok so the actual MPLS would be mainly ISP/Telco maintained.

Well in short all I need to look at is an example of say 2 CPE routers and any special settings I would need to consider in the IOS.

Some I have had a look at have a loopback address set to the PE and obviously any other routes I would need to consider.

ACA - IP Office Implement
ACA - IP Telephony
ACS - IP Office Implement
CCNA - Working towards.

ya again it depends on the service you are getting from them..

if you manage the CE router then the config would be different then if the telco manages it for management reasons.. ie config backups and other tasks.

now typically* you will have a telco managed ce on prem. and you simply connect your customer router to it. so your config can be very simple.

the isp will do the redistribution between your igp and bgp and also should do all the policy mapping as well.

Hi plshlpme! I see you recently finished the ICND1. Congratulations!

I am right now on that same track. How did you find the exam? Can you give me pointers/clues on what the most challenging
part(s) of the test are? Also, how did you prepare for it. I am studying the Latest ICND1 book on my own, have aCBT Nuggets video on the same CCENT and of course with the help from everyone here have a test lab setup.
Anything you can tell me is greatly appreciated.]

Thanks!

plshlpme an ICND1!!!!!????? Are you sure???Really I thought he was a CCIE!!!
Well plshlpme really ROCK's.Full respect.

Regards

Uh Oh my bad! I meant to address my last post to TheProvider. Sorry bout that one plshlpme. Thanks to Minue for pointing that out.

lol thanks Minue.. Im not CCIE haha.
i did just complete my BSCI though :p
but lots of work to go still...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back