Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

New to CallPilot

Status
Not open for further replies.

NastyNed2

Technical User
Nov 1, 2005
US
I'm new to CallPilot and this forum, but I've been in the Meridian forum for a long time.

We just moved from MerMail to CP 4.04.04. So far I like it a lot! I've been able to diagnose and fix auto attendant problems in less time than it used to take me just to figure them out in MM. We have dozens of menus for people who share a desk and a phone, but have individual mailboxes. It's much easier now to keep track of that and perform the annual changes.

There are a few things CP doesn't seem to tell me. Can I search for users over their limit, or when I print a report, can I get it to show me how many messages are stored or minutes are used in their account?

My free disk space has never budged from 91%. I wonder if it's being reported correctly. Depending on my ratio of stored messages to total storage space, it might not move much.

My available memory has dropped this morning from 34MB to 22MB. Should that concern me? I don't see any obvious reason for it. I hope there's no memory drain.

Thanks for helping a newbie!

I think you're looking for reports. Reports in CallPilot are not stored on the CallPilot server the way they were with Meridian Mail. You need a standalone IIS server to install the CallPilot Reporter on, which will integrate with your CallPilot and provide a way to report on Operation Measurement data.

Thanks, x11tech. Our installer mentioned that to me. Are the reports worth the extra cost and maintenance of having yet one more server?

22 MB free memory?

That sounds really low.....

Make sure that the scheduled backups are not being performed during 3 to 4 am server time (the MMFS audit runs at that time, if you perform a backup at the same time you might get memory leaks happening)
It's in the user guide " Administrator's Guide" page 158.
Doc 555-7101-301

Also check Events in Windows to see if you are getting any Major or Critical errors....

You can co-locate the report server on another box. Usually Nortel prefers that you not have anything else on the default website for that IIS installation, but if you're not using the default website on a server, you could just install CallPilot Reporter on to that box.

I've found that the question of whether reports are worth any additional costs to be academic. The answer is "no" until you have the one problem user (like the general delivery mailbox) which gets full and causes problems for other mailboxes, one instance of toll fraud, or one call from someone at the executive level of your company because they tried to get access to voicemail while all the ports were filled because of some new application that you rolled out but had no idea of the impact to the port usage...

Once you have a major problem the answer is always "yes, it's worth it." So why not just cut directly to having the reports and proactively managing your equipment so that you never have those kinds of problems, or if you do, you can catch them within the first 24 hours instead of waiting for AT&T, Qwest or whoever your long distance provider is calls you to tell you that they wonder if you'd just to renegotiate your plan because you've just gone from 3000 minutes per month on your DS1/PRI to over 30,000 and you seem to be filling all of your channels between the hours of midnight and 5 AM.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back