Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

New to CallManager, Couple Questions about SIP 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

phonebits

Technical User
Feb 8, 2012
US
Hey everyone,

I have a CallManager server running version 4.1 in my home lab setup, trunked with a QSIG T1 to a Nortel CS1000. I'm wondering if it's possible for me to add SIP trunks with DIDs to this system, and what the easiest way to do that would be. I'd like the two systems to be able to share the DIDs. I'm not very familiar with how CallManager integrates with SIP trunking.

Thanks

Here's how to integrate the two via SIP:

As far as adding a SIP trunk from a provider, it depends on the provider. Here's a link:

I assume you are running this in a lab and not production. CUCM 4.1 has been end of support for over a year now and obsolete for quite a few years now.

That is correct, this is a lab environment. I have CUCM7 as well but am sticking with CCM4.1 as I have Unity 4 running as well and am not sure if Unity 4 is compatible with CUCM 7. What I'm trying to do is get some SIP trunks from Vitelity working on the system.

Unity 4 is compatible with cucm 7. I suggest you go to 7. There's no reason to be learning on version 4. The windows versions are dead so if you are trying to learn use a software version that's relevant to today's amrket.

That's great news! Thanks, I couldn't find a compatibility matrix with that information. I actually already have a VM of CUCM 7.1 running on the same server as CCM 4.1, so migrating should be pretty easy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back