Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

New to Automation Software

Status
Not open for further replies.

linmatt

Technical User
May 22, 2002
GB
Sorry - put this in the wrong place to start with so had to copy it here. :0)

I'm just starting up with RSLinx with Rockwell and Allen-Bradley stuff on printing press controls, so will probably be a regular here - fantastic to fins a forum on this. I know virtually nuffink about it - like learning networking all over again from the ground up! Got some stuff on OPC to read and try to get to grips with. I have to upgrade from a Windows NT based system to Windows 2000/XP. Can anyone give me any pointers of gotchas?

Matt

Sorry Matt, this Forum is pretty slow. I havent used either
linx or RS Logix for a couple of years, but if you have specific questions I can try and answer them.

I take it were talking PLC5's if you are dealing with presses, or have CLX's penetrated to the shop floor there now

K

Hi Matt: Although I work for Wonderware, I have used RSLinx and Rockwell products in the past, good stuff...

You might want to consider taking a class at a local distributer on the products that you are using?

Jim!

Thanks guys. Training has indeed been booked, but forums are always a good source of assistance anyway and networking assists everyone.

Will post any probs if I can and maybe help some others out later on, who knows?

:0)

Matt

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back