Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

New Thin Client user

Status
Not open for further replies.

rrdavis07

MIS
Jun 2, 2004
US
I have purchased a new HP t5710 thin client, in order to determine if such a solution would work from us. However, I have been unable to get the t5710 to connect to our terminal server. I keep getting one of two error messages: Either

"The connection was ended because of a network error..."

or

"The remote computer disconnected the session because of an error in the licensing protocol..."

I don't believe that there is any problems with the TS Licensing module, since we already use RDP daily with regular PCs and use them without problems. I have unlimited licenses listed in module.

I am about to return the t5710 since I cannot get it to connect and abandon my plan to deploy thin clients. Please save me from this.

Randy Davis, MCP
IT Director
Lubbers Auto Group

What OS is the TS server?

I like children. If they're properly cooked.
-- W.C. Fields

The TS Server is W2K Server.

Randy Davis, MCP
IT Director
Lubbers Auto Group

The remote computer disconnected the session because of an error in the licensing protocol - I've seen this error message especially when accessing Citrix applications. Not sure if it will apply in your case.
I normally go into the client pc's registry and delete the MS Licensing Key including the Store & hardware subkeys. This seems to resolve the above message.
But like I said not sure if it applies in your case.

Well, the first error message you mention I have seen happening with wireless connected clients to TS server. Do the thin clients run off a different switch or have you tried them on different network ports. Also, can you do a repetative ping test to see if the thin clients drop the network connection momentarily.

I like children. If they're properly cooked.
-- W.C. Fields

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back