Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

New Terminal Server Setup

Status
Not open for further replies.

Imprezin

Technical User
Jul 22, 2003
US
I am familiar with 2003 server for the most part but not so much with terminal services. We recently acquired a development server to test prior to making changes in our production environment.

I would also like to document the installation procedure for this new server to apply to new production servers we will be adding before the end of the year.

So, my question is should I modify the order in which I have installed apps on the server?

0.) Conigure RAID array
1.) Install OS (using smart start CD for HP servers)
2.) Install server agents for HP system management
3.) Install windows updates
4.) Install Logmein for remote connectivity and server alerts
5.) Install Terminal Services
6.) Install Office and user applications

The applications which I will be installing are as follows (not in this order)...
Java Runtime Engine
Adobe Acrobat Pro
Abobe Acrobat Reader
Abobe Flash Viewer
Compatability Pack for Office 2007
Windows Journal Viewer
SQL Server Native Client
FRX 6.7
Dynamcis GP 9.0
TrendMicro AV
DWG TrueView 2009

Thanks,
John C.

Prior to installing your applications don't forget to install the Terminal services licensing server and setup your licensing.
I would also recommend running some tests (client connectivity, printing, etc) prior to installing your applications in case something doesn't work and might need to re-install.

Oops! forgot to mention we currently have three terminal servers in production and this is our development server. I would like to install apps on the development server and document the procedure. This way the process will have been thoroughly tested prior to placing addtnl terminal servers in production in the future.

So, basically we already have a TS Licensing server and will move the dev bx to our terminal server OU in order to apply group policies already configured once all apps are installed.

Thanks,
John C.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back