Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

New Template Question : Template updating from a template?

Status
Not open for further replies.

wjgrayson

Technical User
Jun 1, 2004
US
I'm using Dreamweave CS3.

I've figured out this template thing (I think). But I actually have two versions of pages for my site. I created one template, "A" as the master template for the site with all links, headers and footers. I think created template "B" from A for special sub pages for the site with a background image. Templates A & B have similar links and footers. I actually used the "make template" command on the Common menu to identify editable areas and create the templates. Here's the question:

If I update template A, is is supposed to update all pages spawned from it. If I update template A, will it not only update template B, but all pages spawned from template B as well?

Thanks for your help,
W!

I believe it will only update pages made directly from Template A.

So Template B and any pages made form Template B will remain unaffected as they will have no actual link to template A.

----------------------------------
Phil AKA Vacunita
----------------------------------
Ignorance is not necessarily Bliss, case in point:
Unknown has caused an Unknown Error on Unknown and must be shutdown to prevent damage to Unknown.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back