Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

New storage group within a cluster

Status
Not open for further replies.

lengoo

IS-IT--Management
Jan 15, 2002
GH
Hi All,
I am currently running Exchange 2003 across a 2 node cluster. This is working perfectly but the company is expanding and I've had to install some more disk drives to give more space.
Anyway, I have done this and created the new logical disk which is fine. Within the cluster administrator, I have created a new physical disk for this resource.
However, when I go to create a new storage group I am getting the error..
"This server is a part of a cluster. Ensure that the System Attendant resource is dependent on the disk resource that contains the transaction log location and the system path location. If the path includes mount points, ensure that the System Attendant resource is also dependent on the disk resource for the mounted disk...."

My Exchange cluster has a whole heap of resources which were created initially to get it working.. ie system attendant, http virtual server, IS store instance etc etc.

Do I need to duplicate all these cluster resources for the new logical drive to create this new storage group? Or do I just need to add dependancies within the existing ones?

Thank you in advance for your help!

Simply do what the error told you to do. (You may have to take the resource group offline to do it though, I don't remember.) Open the System Attendant Resource and go to the dependencies tab and add the new physical disk resource to the list. You should see the other ones already there.

PSC

Governments and corporations need people like you and me. We are samurai. The keyboard cowboys. And all those other people out there who have no idea what's going on are the cattle. Mooo! --Mr. The Plague, from the movie "Hackers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back