Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

new sound card not reconized

Status
Not open for further replies.

shogun7oo

MIS
Jan 3, 2003
US
using windows me installing philips sonic edge 5.1 new sound card but windows says it can't find any new hardware,took card out a couple of times to make sure it was in right,installed new modem in same pci slot it works fine,sound card not next to agp slot.Disabled onboard sound in bios befor trying to install card.Lost onboard sound and a few other things after a clean install of windows at computer repair store,so reformatted myself,but still no onboard sound,so trying to get this new card in.Is it possiable that it is just a bad card?
Any help grately appreciated,thanks in advance

Yes, it's possible it's a bad card.

Go to start|settings|control panel|add/remove hardware and install it from there. you can skip the auto detect/PnP otption and tell it what kind of HW and point it to the drivers.

Good Luck

thanks but i tried that already and it still didn't find the card

Absolutely you can have a bad card! I was blessed with one that you could only hear out of the speakers if they were plugged in half way. That was new out of the box I don't know if yours was. If you make sure that it is seated tightly and it still doesn't work in the add new hardware or it doesn't automaticly comes up then take it back where you bought it.
Cindy

When I had the acoustic edge, I had to install the drivers before it would recognize the card.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back