Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

New Site Re-Design...Any thoughts, tips, or suggestions?

Status
Not open for further replies.

pixelpp

Technical User
Apr 9, 2001
US
Hello All...

This place give some great advice to designers and programmers...Just thought I'd throw my site out there for you all to tear apart...

Go easy!

thanks,
Pixel

Hi Pixel,

Overall your site looks great !!
I tested in IE4.0 and NN4.73 and all the functions works well in both sites. My compliments for that!!

Here is some comment:

1)In Netscape the text's like:
"©2002 Pixel Pilot Productions. All rights reserved." , "Click images for larger format." and link-discriptions like
">>NHL - Intro animation for sponsored trivia game"
are hard to read !!. The fond-width is to small.

2) The link ">>VISTA Medical - CD-ROM design and concept" is not working.

3) The text-color (grey) of all the text (against the "black" background-color) is also hardly to read. I should make more contrast.

4) I should make an email-link at the bottom of all the screens. Now you have to search via "Profile" - "Contact" to find an email-link

5) On the homepage you have 6 links to some project. But before you click , users sre unknown where they will go to (I mean they don't know that they will go to a project).

Hope this helps you,
Erik

Pixelpp

Had a quick look, like the design, nice graphic, however the text ids very hard to read. White would be easier on the eye.

Cheers
Sickpuppy

pixelpp, nice site...
My comments would be: under the mission page where you have 'contact' and 'history' it would be nice if you had those links 'light-up' so to speak when the mouse goes over it...kinda like how you have when the mouse goes over 'profile', 'services', 'projects'...you can just use CSS to make it easy if you don't want to use graphics...
I have not failed; I merely found 100,000 different ways of not succeding...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back