Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

New SIP trunk with newer ITSP

Status
Not open for further replies.

rcc1000

Vendor
Aug 26, 2013
US
Hello all,
Been battling just trying to get my customer's 11.0 IPO system to switch over from a PRI circuit to this newer provider's SIP trunks. At first they said they would help out, but now saying just will help after seeing it register.
They're telling me & have it configured this way, need my LAN2/WAN port for IP 10.1.xxx.2, then have a patch cord from my WAN to their ONT box port 2.
Then saying gateway would be 10.1.xxx.1, & their SIP registrar is 199.xxx.xx.xx & gave me the Credentials
Done a little more than a handful of SIP trunks and all been with different providers that were a little bit more helpful.
Wish all providers could just make the same setup!
So have my WAN to their 10.1.xxx.2, then tried the three provided IPs in my IP Route/Gateways in various positions, tried the 10.1.xxx.1 in my SIP Line & Transport with the 199.xxx.xx.xx in the "Separate Registrar" field under transport tab.
Then tried the opposite way around, sometimes leaving the "Separate Registrar" blank (never had to use before for my other customers)
Currently have my IP Route of IP=the 199.xxx.xx.xx Mask=255.255.255.0 Gateway=the 10.1.xxx.1 & can ping from System Status both of those (as the provider said I should) from LAN2(WAN) then the source saying the 10.1.xxx.2
My SIP Line Domain Name & Transport Proxy Address the 199.xxx.xx.xx, "Separate Registrar" the 10.1.xxx.1 & the SIP Credentials to what they provided.
So with that setup in Monitor I see the IPO trying to register from 10.1.xxx.2 to the 199.xxx.xx.xx, also see a "Not Found" the opposite way 199.xxx.xx.xx to 10.1.xxx.2

If anyone can guide me what they think my IP Route settings should be & the SIP Line/Transport?

Thanks so much in advance!

Not sure if this answers your question but I recently setup a SIP trunk on a server using LAN 2 port.
In my case the data lan was 10.30.11.x using LAN 1.
The SIP provider was instructed to use a 10.183.58.x subnet on the internal side of the providers router.
The provider told me to register my SIP trunk to 66.145.x.x.

I set LAN 2 with a 10.183.58 subnet address, pointed the SIP ITSP to 66.145.x.x in SIP trunk configuration
Built a static route in the ip office 66.145.x.x to gateway provided 10.183.X.1 selected LAN 2

Trunk registered.

Thanks for the response IPOTS,
I eventually figured it out if anyone was wondering & how.
Have my LAN2/WAN set to their 10.x.xxx.2, plugged into their ONT device.
IP Route configured to IP of the 199.xxx.xx.xx same mask as LAN2's 255.255.255.0 & Gateway to 10.x.xxx.1 with
Destination LAN2
SIP Line ITSP Domain Name=10.x.xxx.2 Transport ITSP Proxy the 199.xxx.xx.xx put in their SIP Credentials & did the Call Details same as most.
I had everything setup this way but still seen their domain .com name in Monitor which wouldn't allow it to work.
Tried using their domain name previously & must have gotten stuck in the IPO.
So I ended up deleting my whole SIP line configuration, reinput the same info & then all worked.
I've had problems before knowing when something should work how it's configured, best case is to delete & reenter[mad]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back