Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

New server will not let me load Backup exec

Status
Not open for further replies.

lhcon

IS-IT--Management
Jun 2, 2002
US
I have a 2 server network, the pdc hard drive crashed. put in a new hard drive, loaded nt4.0. Trying to load backup exec to restore the system to original config. BU exec wont let me install becouse it cant log on, I go to user manager for domains and I am told the network path is not found.
the boss is getting impatient, and I'm getting nowhere

Thanks

Chuck

Go to the services control panel and open the properties of all the Backup Exec items. Then where it says "Log on as" key in an account that has system privs with it's password.

BE is all about services. If they can't log on, you won't get anywhere.

When I try to load BE I get as far as adding the service account and I ive it a name and password and I get bounced out with error occured creating an account os error 122,network error 53, NT error 0. so I don't have services yet to check.

Thanks

Chuck

Hi Friend,

Are you sure the new NT installation is a PDC, and not a standalone server? Also, make sure domain name is correctly specified... Network protocols installed? Seems like you're trying to create account on domain you have no access to either because no network connection or wrong domain.

good luck!
AP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back