Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

New Server Installation

Status
Not open for further replies.

wilbrian

Programmer
Aug 16, 1999
US
My question is way more basic than most I see here. Can anyone point me to a decent step by step set up routine for installing Windows 2000 Server? Our ultimate installation is to have our server be running in house for our locally connected machines. We also want to use Terminal Services to allow four or five remote machines to connect and run the ACT! software.

We've contracted for internet access with a local provider. They've assigned us a public IP address.

I'd like to know where to begin in setting this up. I can go through the steps in installing the Windows 2000 Server software on the computer, but then it gets kinda fuzzy as to what to tackle next. Do I add User Accounts next, do I set up Shares? Do I set up DNS and/or DHCP? Any help, or shove in the right direction, would be appreciated.

wilbrian

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back