Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

new server build

Status
Not open for further replies.

ntninja

MIS
Feb 8, 2005
US
building a w2k server using compaq ml530 and smartstart 4.90. 5 18.2gb disks on the array configured for raid 5. i'm running into a limit of 4gb for the boot partition and was wondering if anyone has a suggestion for getting past that. my plan was to have a 17gb boot partition and the rest as a data partition.

17 gig Boot partition, not on Windows 2000. You would need 2003 server. The WK2 limitation is not generally a problem if you install all software additions to another partition instead of the default c:\program files\.

What type of ML530 do you have? The minimum supported SmartStart version for the ML530 G2 server is SmartStart 6.2 for the 3.0GHz models, SmartStart 5.5 for the 2.8GHz models or the SmartStart 5.4 for the 2.4GHz version.

The only problem I used to have with smartstart was it wouldn't create a Win2K boot disk LESS than 10GB!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back