Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

New SBS08 install; lsi_sas.sys BSOD

Status
Not open for further replies.

jer18

IS-IT--Management
Feb 5, 2008
US
Hi all,

I have a new server and installed SBS08 to it. Roles/fsmo have been transferred from 2003 Standard. dcpromo, DNS, active directory, did all that.. Note that I did not follow the migration wizard, because it only would run SBS03>SBS08 and not Standard03>SBS08.

Now, the system is struggling to stay up. I constantly get lsi_sas.sys blue screen crashed and cannot find any KB on how to update it or fix it. Any ideas, please advise. Thanks.

It also takes a VERY long time to boot into the Desktop (Applying computer settings...). Soon after the login screen is available is when it is most likely to crash, if not later after boot.

I did come across that elsewhere, I toggled that between on and off a couple times as I thought it wasn't helping my issue. But it has been unchecked since yesterday and its running better.

When I ping servername in command from a laptop, I return results XXX.2 but the static IP on the server is set to XXX.3 . Where could something be wrong here, could it be fixed in DNS?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back