Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

New report on new group value 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

mzimmpa

Programmer
Feb 16, 2003
US
Hello all:

I have a source table which might include 1, or up to 7
different values in a particular field, call it field X.
I have to report on all the rows in the table, grouped by X.
When X changes, I need a whole new report, including the Report header and footer, for each X, and summarizing only those values associated with each disparate X.

How do I use the same source table and produce a new report for each new group of X ?

Tried using the Group header option of "New Page After", however, it does not reproduce a new Report Header for each new group.

The display is not in tables or charts, simple text.

Example of data follows:

Column A Column B Column X
-------- -------- ---------
1 2 A
2 2 A

2 3 B
3 4 C

In this case, I would need 3 reports, one for each value
of X (A,B,C).

Any ideas?

Thanks VERY much!

mzimm

Mzimm,

So the problem you have now is that you don't have a report header for each group, right?

If you go the change group options- there is a check box at the very bottom of the dialog box called "Repeat group header on each page"

Try that.

Sunny

Hi Sunny,

No, sorry that does not do it.
Each report has a couple of report headers (formulas diplaying account Name, date, etc)
and a couple of page neaders.

The Group header is just displaying the new value of the group.

Shall I try putting the report headers inside the Group header section?

Thanks!

mzimm

Mzimm,

What if you go to format section-choose page footer and check- reset page number after. Also in format section- for each report/page header go to x-2 button next to suppress put pagenumber <> 1.

Just an idea.
Sunny

I think you could just group on X, format the group footer with &quot;New Page After&quot; (adding the formula: Not OnLastRecord
in the x+2 section, so you don't get a blank last page), and then insert an extra group header section to act as the &quot;report header&quot; for each new group. If you don't check &quot;repeat group header on each page&quot; the group header sections will only appear once at the beginning of the group. You could use the page header for any info you want repeated throughout the group.

-LB

Thank you VERY much!

It worked. I moved all report and page headers into the
Group header section, and was thus able to create a new page for each distinct group.

I was even able to put the Details section of a subreport into a group header section.

This is a great forum, and I very much appreciate all the prompt assistance!

Thanks again.

Mike Z

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back