Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

New project in Visual Interdev

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 10, 2005
US
I'm trying to create a new web project in Visual Interdev. When I get to the "Specify a server and mode" screen, I specified the server name, the mode and hit next, but I keep on getting "Unable to contact server" error. I've tried using the IP address:port number, IP address, machine name, localhost, but I keep getting the same error. I did a search on goggle for the error message and found this article: I followed the all the steps in this article in my attempt to get past the error. But nothing seems to work, can anybody help?

Thanks
M

I didn't read the article but did you try going to the Control Panel -> Add/Remove Software -> Windows Components -> Internet Information Server -> Front Page extensions?

Yes. The Front Page extensions are installed (that's one of the things the document had me check). Any other ideas?

mimivdg2002,

Sounds like you are tying everything. I know this can be frustrating when it isn't working smoothly. I have only one thing to offer that the MicroSoft support topic doesn't. If you are using a software firewall, it may be interfering with the hand shaking process. If it is your firewall, the only solution is to temporarily disable your firewall whenever you log in, and whenever you are getting pages from or saving pages to your production server.

I disucss this more at my thread. Please visit there. It may be of some help, and you may have something to add there.

Hope this helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back