Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

New Problem but a different twist

Status
Not open for further replies.

jimsterS

Programmer
Apr 24, 2001
US
A few weeks ago I had a problem when executing a URL within an E-Mail an it ended up being settings for the HyperText Transfer Protocol.

I just upgraded a system from XPHome Edition to XPPro addition and when it was completed the same problem appeared so I immediately went to make the same Mods but now the protocol is not even installed. Where do I get it from? Is it downloadable?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Jim Shepard

Try as a first approach my "workst 78% of the time fix" to be sure it is not a DLL registration issue:

Open a new notepad session, to be called IE_fix.cmd, and copy/paste the below:

regsvr32 urlmon.dll
regsvr32 Shdocvw.dll
regsvr32 Msjava.dll
regsvr32 Actxprxy.dll
regsvr32 Oleaut32.dll
regsvr32 Mshtml.dll
regsvr32 Browseui.dll
regsvr32 Shell32.dll

Save the file, then double click IE_fix.cmd and answer the prompts. Ignore any error messages.

Reboot and test again.

. But please see the notes on corrupted registry entries, and other troubleshooting lists on this site:

I tried your fix but it did not solve my problem. However I did learn something and maybe I can pass it on. I went in and created a and used the same setup I had before and it works just fine.

Thanks For all the help.

Jim Shepard

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back