Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

New PRI setup

Status
Not open for further replies.

sglis

MIS
Nov 14, 2001
US
Does anyone have any tech documents on setting up a PRI on an Opt 11 - 81? I currently have my local service on a regular T-1 and am interested in converting to a PRI to use caller ID. I've programmed many T-1's but no PRI's. Are they similar? any additional hardware required?

your knowledge is greatly appreciated?
Ken

First you need to make sure your 81 will accept PRI. Most do now but it never hurts to make sure. As far as additional hardware you may need a couple of things.Do you know if you have any D-Channel ports available or not? What card are you using for the T-1 now in the system?

Its an option 51C. It will accept PRI's because we have one installed to network a Opt 11. The card is the same at the other PRI but I don't know about the D-Channel. Opt 11's have a daughterboard for this. How do I know if I have an available port or not?

you can configure an MSDL port as a D channel ...

OPtion11c need D channel enabled in software as well, i dont know aboutthe 51C ...what release are u on?

I am on Release 23, Issue 19+. I see that the other PRI is using MSDL port 1.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back