Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

New Phones. Old System

Status
Not open for further replies.

B657

Programmer
Jul 19, 2007
GB
Customer has just bought some new 54XX handsets, and these now ship with release 5 software.

The 406 they are plugging into is firmware v3.1 and the existing handsets are on release 2.

I need to downgrade the new handsets to release 2. Does this happen in the same way as an upgrade?

Upgrading the 406 is not possible (dont ask).

As long as Manager\TFTP server is open so the file is available they should downgrade automatically. But I have found this is not always the case, and you may need to mess about to get it to work.

ACS - IP Office Implement

"I'm just off to Hartlepool to buy some exploding trousers

thats what i suspected. thanks.

Hi

I have a similar issue can you confirm im thinking correctly with the below:-

Purchased new 5410s that were reportedly shipped with ver 4.
My IP412 is on version 3.0(69) I also cant upgrade (again dont ask.....i know i need to really!!)
If i open the manager software (this i housed on the vm pro PC, under system input the vm pro pc address within the tftp field, then connect a phone.

Will the phone then load the correct tftp software???

Never had to do this procedure before and not overly familiar with ip office so appreciate any feedback

thanks

Again, yes it SHOULD do.

ACS - IP Office Implement

"I'm just off to Hartlepool to buy some exploding trousers

The problem I had, was that we had done everything right, but for some reason the phone would not get the firmware when plugged into and extension module. As soon I stuck it into the main CCU it went and got it straight away.

On older IPO software, the DS port will not upgrade a second phone plugged into a port. you would need to reboot to get the port to do another upgrade.

Not only older software
I have seen it on 4.1 too with upgrading
I did not try it on 4.2 because most phone's do not have to be upgraded

Always connect it to a "new" port
Like said a reboot will release the port

ACA - Implement IP Office
ACS - Implement IP Office
ACA - Implement IP Telephony
ACA - Voice Services Management

i tried this last night and it failed, in fact it crashed the enter module - all phones on the module lost connectivity and i had to reboot.

so to resolve i need to disconnect a phone from the main ccu, reboot the system, connect a new phone and see if it upgrades.
Sorry for appearing to sound "dumb" but as previously stated ive never had to do this and there doesnt appear to be a set procedure that "works"

Thanks for the replies

Can you run monitor and plug in a phone on the module
Then if you see something happening post it here

It should work

ACA - Implement IP Office
ACS - Implement IP Office
ACA - Implement IP Telephony
ACA - Voice Services Management

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor