Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

New payment type now showing on daily sales report

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChefEncore

Technical User
Nov 18, 2015
US
I added a new tender/media type a few days ago, and it is not showing on the report. I copied from a previous update about a month ago, which is working fine. I updated the tracking reports (its on line 59) and changed the historical tracking as well. Can anyone provide some insight?

You may have to look at the actual report in Crystal Reports to see what is being reported and edit it. I am assuming you are talking Micros 3700.

Sorry, yes 3700. I don’t have crystal reports unfortunately.

What report are you trying to get it to show up in? And are any of your reports custom or modified? Can you show a screen shot of the tracking you have setup?

So sorry, guess i should have included all that info. Thanks for your patience.

System consolidated report. I did this a few weeks ago with another payment type (doordash), but this time its just not working. I reloaded the database, restarted my system, and nothing.

I hope I attach these images correctly, they always seem to rotate...

Screen_Shot_2018-10-23_at_6.56.40_PM_xev47n.png
Screen_Shot_2018-10-23_at_7.04.12_PM_hcnpuo.png

Two things. Your are tracking "Tips Out" (i am assuming this is the tender media you added) to Emp Tracking but are then calling it in a system report. Second: The way the bottom of those reports are setup they show the first 42 tracking groups. Coloumn one 1-14, coloumn two 15-29 and column three 30-42. So you unless you custom the report you need to set up your tracking totals to fall into those numbers. Hope this helps.

I am not helping myself at all. Maybe that's why I'm having so much trouble getting this right.

Tracking groups 113 &114 are identical. 113 is what is currently tied to the system report.
1. I added 'INSTAGIFT' and is what is causing my grief.
2. Doordash is what i added a few weeks ago with no issue.
3. I'm not sure what cash out and tips out are even doing there, but thats the way Micros had it set up, so i left it.
4. If that report only goes to 42 in the far right column, why am i seeing items 55-59?

I currently have no way to customize reports, as we are just getting away from calling Micros/Oracle for any customization, since that is a lot of time waiting on the phone.

Have unlocked the tracking groups when doing changes?

I have never been able to unlock the groups. I called micros support and they said to wait until after business hours (all checks closed, everyone clocked out, etc) and they would be ‘not in use’ but it never happened. Even got up at 4am- when our system resets/rolls over and nothing. I simply copy, paste, add my new type and change the historical tracking to reflect the new tracking. Worked before, just not this time.

As Scacea says its easier to edit existing tracking groups then keep adding new ones. Again as he mentions do it when nobody is doing anything with the system. You also dont need to lock the tracking groups. They will lock the next time something gets rung in. If you keep adding new ones you are going to be tracking too much and expanding your database for no reason. Below is a screen shot of that report you are working on in Crystal reports. Why you see lines 55 to 59 i cant say with out looking at all the tracking groups and your database. Some may no longer be there etc. Early on we got away from tracking groups in our reports and edited them to our needs. If you use the below and work backwards to make your reports and put in everything you need you should be good. When working on the 40 coloumn reports you don't get this 42 tracking limit. Confusing! The way Micros liked it.
Track_ugowyb.png

Alright - tonight's the night!! I need to get this fixed or imma get fired (not really but the boss is getting upset).

My report looks a bit different than yours.

sys_screen_jpphl1.gif

I have a total of 53 entries in my tracking group (one is a blank line, not sure if that matters)the entry numbers are as follows - 1-6, 9, 11-20, 22, 24-27, 31-48, 50-60, 62-64. 63 and 64 don't even show up on the report, and aren't needed so I'm going to remove them.

Scacea - I didn't see your first comment, but Print class is Receipt/Report/Journal.

Category was set to nothing, I changed it to 1.

So, to unlock the report, do I need to find the name of the report I'm using or will it be "micros.trk_grp_def" be default? I only ask because nothing has been 'by default' for this project.

Second, The previous two tracking groups I don't have assigned to anything, but they still say locked-in use. Does this matter, how can I check that they aren't just filling up my db with useless info?

Third, after I edit the current tracking group, how can I check if it's on the report, since the system will be essentially closed? Should I test ring something? What if it's not there, then what? I only ask because I feel like I might be working on this into the wee hours of the morning and I just want to get it done...
Thanks for all your help so far!

I can't access the database... invalid username & pw. now what?

Update:

I gave up and called Oracle Support. Had someone in my computer in minutes. I was impressed. I was a bit surprised when my call was disconnected. Tried to call back so I could at least explain how I set it up, and what I’ve already checked to fix it. He spent 1/3 of his time just looking at the wrong groups. My phone rang, it was him. He did all he could and wanted to send it on to ...RPS? I couldn’t understand. Definitely heard the word billable in there, though. Boss isn’t having that.

I did learn a few things while I watched him dig around in my system, one of them being the login info for the sql.

I followed Scacea’s instructions. I removed lines 63 and 64, and I believe I moved everything else up 2 spaces. I couldn’t run a report unless I locked them back up. But when I did it locked ALL of them, even those i’d never used. I reloaded the database, even restarted the pc. No changes on the report. I’m really at the end of my abilities here. Should I just tell my boss We’ve got to pay?

Note: The employee report is identical to this one, but my new tender does not show up on the 40col either.

Got a call this AM from another manager that all the terminals were 'Closed' I had him switch it to Front of House on the control Panel, then there was a warning about PCI Security settings not in place. Turns out Oracle support had switched some security settings while they were in there and never switched it back. But... problem is solved!! Looks like you were right, partially. I was out of room on the report.

Thanks for all your help!!

Chef can you show a copy of what report you are trying to look at in Auto sequences and reports? The whole report screen shot. Also if you can where its linked in reports/classes etc. It looks custom

full_mizrih.gif

historical_izpnvo.gif

Here it is linked to System and RVC. It might a custom report, guessing by the footer. It's always been the standard report I've seen with every restaurant I've worked in that had micros. I just assumed it was a stock report.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back