Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

new p10 install: Unable to merge new configuration

Status
Not open for further replies.

jlockley

Technical User
Nov 28, 2001
US
For some reason I decided to remove Paradox 8 (which really does it for me mostly) and install Paradox 10 - only. I tried a while back running them simultaneously with little luck, so it's either or (I know, some of you run both.., but whatever works).

I installed ONLY Paradox in the old Paradox location. At the end of what appears to be a successufl installation (so far it is working, but I haven't done a lot more than pull up a form) the following errors appear

unable to merge new configuration. Use BDE administrator to merge new configuration.

Not to show my lack of progress over the past fifteen or so years with this program, but ...huh??? How would I do that? Merge with what? I can file the BDE Administrator, but what else is going to happen to me now?

AND:

Exception: EDBEngine Error in module b fix.exe at 0000c037
BDE ERROR.

Anyone have an idea what this is all about. Something like this made me go back to 8 a quite some time ago, but I can't remember what the problem was. As I said, knock wood, it seems to function.

Thanks in advance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back