Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

New numbers in switch

Status
Not open for further replies.

jimc35

Technical User
Jun 16, 2009
US
Just had the local phone provider add 100 new numbers to my switch. We can call the new numbers internally but if you try to call one of the new numbers outside the switch it gets routed to our RAN (recorded announcement) which says your call cannot be completed as dialed. I traced the call and it gets to our switch but I guess it does not know where to route it? Any ideas?

What does the trace show for the called number? If you have extension 1000 programmed on a telephone and the CO is sending 4 digits you should be able to call NPA-NXX-1000.

Have you confirmed that the CO is sending the correct number of digits?
Is there any digit conversion going on in your trunk route?
Have you verified that the TGAR / TARG and NCOS settings are correct?
Are you getting any other inbound calls on these trunk (are they new trunks as well as numbers?

Post the call trace if you can.

it is going to your RAN because the DN is unused. Assign them to set(s) and it will ring there.

Mato' Was'aka

oh, you said you can call internally, sorry, so you must have them assigned. You shouldn't have to do anything beyond that, sounds like order isn't completed yet.

Mato' Was'aka

You might want to check the LDN's in the CDB. If the new number is sending 7 you will need to add that 7 digit DN to one of your unused LDN slots and then the call should get answered.

The other option is to trace the call when it hits the trunk and see how many digits the far end is sending. You may need to have them change it to the format your are expecting.

you have other did's working? ld a trad x x, on the inbound trunk (pri?).. sounds like you may not be getting the digits you need.. also print ld 49 idc, your working did's may have an idc table that the new ones need as well

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Here is a call trace from the new number

trac 36 0 14 0
ACTIVE TN 036 0 14 00
ORIG 042 03 DID RMBR 30 3
TERM 036 0 14 00 RAN RMBR 22 1
DIAL DN 3980
MAIN_PM ESTD
TALKSLOT ORIG 30 TERM 30
EES_DATA:
NONE
QUEU NONE
CALL ID 0 4174

---- ISDN PRA CALL (ORIG) ----
CALL REF # = 23939
BEARER CAP = VOICE
HLC =
CALL STATE = 10 ACTIVE
CALLING NO = 757421XXX NUM_PLAN:E164 TON:NATIONAL ESN:NPA
CALLED NO = 3980 NUM_PLAN:UNKNOWN TON:UNKNOWN ESN:UNKNOWN
PDCA 1 PAD 0 6 PCML MU MU

Here is a call trace from a working phone

.trac 28 1 13 8
TN 028 1 13 08
KEY 0 SCR ACTIVATED

ORIG 042 11 DID RMBR 30 11
TERM 008 0 10 14 1 SCR 0 22722 2008
DIAL DN 22722
MAIN_PM ESTD
TALKSLOT ORIG 28 TERM 19 JUNCTOR ORIG6 TERM4
EES_DATA:
NONE
QUEU NONE
CALL ID 0 1950

---- ISDN PRA CALL (ORIG) ----
CALL REF # = 27011
BEARER CAP = VOICE
HLC =
CALL STATE = 10 ACTIVE
CALLING NO = 757421XXXX NUM_PLAN:E164 TON:NATIONAL ESN:NPA
CALLED NO = 22722 NUM_PLAN:UNKNOWN TON:UNKNOWN ESN:UNKNOWN
PDCA 1 PAD 0 6 PCML MU MU

The site where this switch is uses a 5 digit plan starting with 2 then the last four. I did a prt idc in ld 49 but this is what I got

SCH3627
This customer does not have the IDC option enabled.
Action: Use LD 15 to enable IDC for the customer.
Severity: Info

Would this mean that the provider provides the 5th digit? Their prefix is 861 then the last four. but the site uses 2+the last four to dial internal.

So your PBX expects 5 digit and the CO is sending 4 (going to ran as a vacant number as 3XXX is not a valid DN). I'm assuming that you programmed the telephones with 5 digits so that the 3980 number you posted from your first trace would actually be 23980 on the telephone.

You could set up IDC or you can get the carrier to send the correct number of digits. Not sure what your relationship is with the carrier but for long term sanity it might make better sense to have all the inbound DID nimbers act the same (5 digits) rather than a mix (again an assumption - only one inbound trunk group for DID).

post is on the money. the second trace shows a 5th digit.. since your not using idc your provider is inserting the digit on the working side.. i would enable idc in my cdb then build a table. 3980 23980.. then assign that dcno to your rdb, idc yes then the next two prompts enter the table number.. that second entry gives you the option to use a unique table for nights and days

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

OR... You could have your carrier send you 5 digits... Unless it's a 9 or something weird like that. Just another thought...

DocVic
Dedicated to Nortel Products till the end.
Need help? Call Me Now!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back