Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

New NT users cant get into Citrix

Status
Not open for further replies.

lug

IS-IT--Management
Dec 7, 2001
GB
Hi everyone,

A very strange problem this...

New users created in NT cant log into Citrix! They can log into NT fine but when they click on the published app icon on their desktop, they get prompted for theit logon credentials again. If they put in the credentials of an existing user, hey presto they are in. but if they put in their own they cant get in.

I have checked the permissions on the published app and the ICA connection and they are fine.

Anyone have any ideas??

Many thanks...

Hi.

Is there any error message or did the login failed only ?

I hope I am not asking the obvious, but are the users in question in groups that can access the published applications? CitrixEngineer@yahoo.co.uk

Question for ya...
Are they allowed to log into "Terminal Services"? Make sure that they have permission to do so.

sorry for taking so long to reply!

yes i checked that the new users are in groups with access to the app, in fact i copied an existing nt account so it is in all the same groups as the old accounts. somewhere something is going wrong, i cant understand it.

We had the same issue here before where new clients were having issues connecting to any of our publish applications. We went to the actual server they were trying to log into and noticed that it could not issue out a client license so they couldn't log in. Make sure you are not seeing any error message with licensing. This happened when we migrated from Nt 4.0 to AD. With AD you have to have the licensing server installed on a PDC/BDC. We made some registry entires on all of our Citrix servers and that took care of the issues.

Don't know if that's it but give it a shot.

That is it, we were out of TS licenses on the license server!!! Doh!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back