Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

New Network Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

allwest

IS-IT--Management
Nov 1, 2002
US
I want to set up a home network that host email via exchange 5.5. I have one static IP,one domain name, a linksys BEFSR41 router, a windows 2000 server, Exchange 5.5, and a windows xp pro workstation.

Any tips on the best way to go about configuring the router and server so I can recieve email and browse the internet on the workstation?

Are you planning on running anything else on the 2K server besides Exchange? If not, there is nothing to set in order to browse the internet with the workstation.

How do you plain on collecting and sending mail from/to the exchange server- only from inside the lan? There is nothing to set on the router for this.

The only thing that will need to be set on the router is allowing incoming mail to pass from the internet to the exchange server. I'm not sure what port is required, but it must be documented somewhere. Forward that port to the exhange server.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back