Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

new network interface

Status
Not open for further replies.

jeffmoss26

Technical User
May 7, 2002
US
I recently had a telephone network interface installed outside. the installer had to run a cable from the garage to the outside wall, using an existing hole. He never sealed either end of the hole, though. Now moisture will probably be able to get inside the house and maybe short out the inside connections.
What can I use to seal up these holes? Jeff Moss
Warwick Communications, Inc
jeffmoss26@adelphia.net

Vulkem, available at your hardware store in a variety of colors, it is used for exterior caulking and sealing in building construction. It is only my opinion, based on my experience and education...I am always willing to learn, educate me!
Daron J. Wilson, RCDD
daron.wilson@lhmorris.com

Actually...if it was an existing hole, maybe it already took on water and has caused deterioration. Perhaps you should check into any wood rotting or excess moisture in the area.
It is only my opinion, based on my experience and education...I am always willing to learn, educate me!
Daron J. Wilson, RCDD
daron.wilson@lhmorris.com

I did check for any water damage. Interestingly, there was none. I guess this is because there was a protector installed inside, almost covering the hole, and the 2 "drop wires" are exactly the right size for the hole that is there. Jeff Moss
Warwick Communications, Inc
jeffmoss26@adelphia.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back