Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

New Motherboard - can't see cdrom drive

Status
Not open for further replies.

jlasman

Technical User
Nov 28, 2001
US
Recently, I upgraded the MB in my OS 5.0.6 system from a Intel 850 P4 board to a current 975LT with the Core 2 ... CPU.

Everything runs as before, EXCEPT, I cannot get the OS to recognize the DVD drive. Basically all the peripherals from the previous setup, including the scsi HD and the IDE DVD drive, have been attached to the new MB. If I try to mount the drive...

"CONFIG: No Srom SCSI devices configured (unit 0 missing)"

I have tried removing and reinstalling the DVD using "mkdev cdrom" to no avail. It seems to be a SCO problem as the BIOS reads the DVD drive OK. The mkdev seems to make the appropriate entries in mscsi etc., but after relinking and rebooting there is NO cdrom device listed. Different IDE cables and a different DVD drive changed nothing.

The new board has 4 sata ports along with the single IDE controller the DVD is attached to. I've tried everything I can think of without any luck.

Does anybody have a suggestion?

Help!

Jim Asman

Check the output of the hw -v command to discover how the IDE port is configured.

Hope This Helps, PH.
FAQ219-2884
FAQ181-2886

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back