Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

new MOC force reset?

Status
Not open for further replies.

natemgt

Technical User
Jun 24, 2008
US
It has been a couple years since I had to do an upgrade for my customer with an SX-200ICP system. I cannot remember if after entering the new MOC the system needs to reset. I want to find out before doing it in the middle of the day.

Thanks

Unless you are adding/changing licenses, you do not need to enter a new passcode to upgrade.

Unless you are setting up a new system I do not recommend using the MOC. Change the individual options directly.

Using the MOC on a licensed system can change items unintentionally. e.g. The hotel option will revert to lodging if set to PMS - Causes several weird issues.

What's most important is that you realise ... There is no spoon.

I am adding 3 new acd agent licenses and have got the new MOC from mitel and I just cant remember if after entering the new MOC if the system needs to reset afterwards.

Thanks

No, but dont use the MOC Code

Modify the ACD lincense option directly and enter the new passcode.

The system will always warn you if the change requires a reboot and give you the option to back out.

BTW - We're talking a SX-200 here right?

huh, I never knew you could make the change directly. I did get a new passcode with the new MOC. And yes an SX-200ICP.

Thanks a lot for your help!

All options can be manually input.

The MOC is greatly helpful when seting up the system the first time but cumbersome/troublesome otherwise.

Learned this the hard way when I added VM licenses on a hotel via MOC one time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back