Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

New Michigan E911 Law for PBX Systems

Status
Not open for further replies.

Avaya911PLM

Vendor
Mar 5, 2002
TH
Hot off the press. New action on behalf of the Michigan Public Service Commission for E911 Laws affecting Michigan PBX systems.
Planned effective date is DECEMBER 2011.

7000 sq. ft. ERLs
Must Terminate to a Primary PSAP
Up to $5000 fines for non compliance

Full story on

--
Fletch
Avaya E9-1-1 Product Manager

CHECK OUT MY BLOGS @

Fletch, thanks for the alert. We have a couple MI locations - one a power plant (way over 40K sq.ft.) and another with quite a few OPXs in two states, endpoints up to 60 miles away. Time to get to work!

It's good to see most of these following the NENA MLTS model. When NENA produced that document I insisted that we have end users on the committee to make sure tht whatever was being proposed was easily implemented. Everyone on that Technical Committee I ran did an excellent job and put in a lot of hard work.

--
Fletch
Avaya E9-1-1 Product Manager

CHECK OUT MY BLOGS @

Can someone summarize what this means to us if I have a remote office with 20 IP phones all running over a Layer 2 pt-to-pt link back to a main office/call center/bcm. All inbound toll-free traffic

1) When remote location makes outbound calls, the actually route out the main office which is in a different location - both locations are in Michigan.

2) Since we use 9 now to route all outbound calls, how does dialing 911 work? Is there a way today to allow these remote phones to place a loal 911 call and have their location display correctly to the 911 dispatchers?

VOJ

BCM450 r6.0 - IP phones are 1220's. - VOJ

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back