Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

New mail set up error "Outlook must be online"

Status
Not open for further replies.

paulcedarhill

Technical User
Mar 22, 2004
US
Issue: Cannot set up new e-mail profile for Outlook 2010 Windows 7 operating system on hosted Outlook Exchange 2007 server at GoDaddy.com. I enter all the parameters exactly as described by the GoDaddy support team, but the error always comes up "Outlook must be online to connect". The supprt group says it has to be something in my machine. I have disabled the firewall, deleted the virus protection software, even set up a new user profile in windows all to no result. I am using control panel mail to set up the new mail account as requested but cant get the account name to check. Same credential in owa work fine.

Have you opened outlook to check it isn't working offline?

If it is there will be a message in the bottom right hand side saying "offline", right click and set to "online

I can't get Outlook to open to check that. It will start to load the profile, then a user name and password window pops up, that I fill in, then the error that "the exchange connection is not available" and a pop up opens to enter the exchange serve info again to check the name. Another "Name cannot be resolved,connection to exchange is unavailable". Then an error the ost folder that was created in the control panel is not an Outlook folder, and then another error says "unable to open information store" and the program stops.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back