Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

New machine and Foxpro 2.6 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mark0209

Technical User
Aug 4, 2001
US
This is really a continuation of my earlier questions, but I did not know how to modify my earlier question. Thanks to thise that replied.

The plot has thickened on my earlier question. To recap... I have several applications written with FoxPro 2.6 that have been running flawlessly for the past several years. I recently upgraded from a AMD K2/6 500MHz to a Pentium III 866MHz machine and that is when the problems began. When I run the .exe I receive the following error message:

Foxprow

An error has occurred in your program. To keep working anyway, click Ignore and save your work in a new file. To quit this program, click Close. You will lose information you entered since your last Save.

Close Ignore

If I hit the program loads and all is ok. If I hit close, the program closes and sends me back to the Desktop.

I have since transferred the files back to an AMD K2/6 450MHz machine and they run fine without any error message. Both the new machine and the older machine are running the same release of WIndows 98.

Does anyone have any ideas what may be different on the new machine?

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks,
Mark

Mark,
I still expect that the problem is in the .ESL file. In reality, when you are running a compiled .EXE in FoxPro, you are really running the .ESL, which is called by the compiled .EXE. If that .ESL has not been patched with a couple of fixes for Fox, I think you could encounter problems. The patches can be retreived from Go to their downloads section, and do a search on Foxpro 2.6. There are many patches available for a number of things, look for ones that apply to .EXE or .ESL, and apply them.
Please let me know if this helps,
-Scott

Scott and Ramani,

Thanks for your help! I downloaded and installed the DZPatch as you suggested and my problems went away. Your guidance has saved me many restless nights.

Thanks again,
Mark

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back