Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

new local area code is restricted

Status
Not open for further replies.

jhentz

Technical User
Jun 15, 2010
US
Our Norstar MICS has always been restricted to local calls, and we use *68 when we need to call long distance. I'm almost certain we're using filter 01...my question is, how can I add an override for a new area code? The system thinks it's long distance so it won't let my user dial out.

I know I've done this before, but it was several years ago and after extensive googling and searching of the forums here, I give up! For the life of me I can't figure out how I did it.

Thanks for your help :)

Your going to need to find out if your using Line or Set Filters, after that you just go in and add the A/C to the Override tables for that Filter. You said that it was a new area code so there should already be one in there

OLD ROLMEN WORKING ON NORTELS AND AVAYA

Thanks -- I'm 99% sure we are using line filters because the restriction is identical for everyone in the building. I just can't find the override tables...I've been through the programming menus a bunch of times and they're totally eluding me.

Scratch that! I found them! Thanks again for your help :)

Yaha there a bitch to find

OLD ROLMEN WORKING ON NORTELS AND AVAYA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back