Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

New laptop Win 7 Pro local adminstrator account disabled 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Luvsql

Technical User
Apr 3, 2003
CA
I created a new user during install, which I do not want to have admin rights. I setup a new password for the administrator account, removed admin access from the new local user, now when I try and log in as the administrator, it says it's disabled, so i can only log in with the standard user, which has no rights. If I try and get into Manage computer, it's prompting for an admin password, but only via finger swipe (no place to enter a password). I haven't even enabled this feature yet.

How do I fix the local admin account without being able to log in as it or enter an admin password? I can't even change the account type under this standard user "Do you want to allow the following program to make changes to this computer?" and my only option is "swipe your finger."

Booting it in safe mode seems to have allowed me to get in as administrator then unmark the account disabled. Whew!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back