Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

New IP to PBX (MGC)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shivrohi

Technical User
May 22, 2020
CA
Hi

Thanks all in advance !!

May I know how can I give a new IP address to the PBX remotely ? How can I get into it ? We have MGC there at site and we need to give it a new IP.

Regards

You will need to put in the IP address of the new MGC card locally connected to the card via a serial cable and then configure the card into the Node via Element Mangler

Apologies for being a bit ignorant on it as I am not used to Avaya much.

You said I need to connect locally with MGC Card to change the IP settings, so please tell me if there is any specific port should I connect to on the card (Elan or TLan) and how to set the IP address then ?

It's not quite as easy as that.

Your MGC cards will probably be on two different networks. ELAN and TLAN. Install the Element Manager tool as already suggested. This will give you access to most of the IP devices across the phone system.

You should be able to log in using the standard login password from either LAN.
Are you changing both LAN's or just the one?. Usually it will probably be your TLAN.
What software version is the Call Server?

What do you get when you do LD 117 STAT IPMG

Firebird Scrambler

Nortel & Avaya Meridian 1 / Succession & BCM / Norstar Programmer

Website = linkedin

If it's a new MGC you have to be locally connected to the octopus cable port 0

Let me share the complete situation here

We had a PBX at one of our site which was disconnected and all the subnets and configuration was removed from the network. Now, we want to use the PBX for some time, on temporary basis and to connect the PBX with the network again, I need to have it configured with new IP addressing and subnets that are already in our system. so, in a sense I assume we can say its a new configuratuin that needs to be made.

@Firebird Scrambler : Please find below the stat IPMG output for the concerned MGCs

054 0 MGC UNREG 21/12/2020 10:16 NONE
054 1 MGC UNREG 21/12/2020 10:16 NONE

Regards

Someone told me to give the IPs with the management software, and I do not understand it. Do I need to install a new software to give IPs to the cards or is there anything that is local to the PBX but I could not find it ???

Will you be using IP phones? What release is the software. You may be dealing with 2 different OS. Nortel VxWorks and Linux. Do you have any signal servers? Is it a CoRes Call Server? Lots of what if's with this one.

We are configuring it again to make some fax machines work...... we do not need anything else with it. After decommisioning, we were getting fast busy tone on the fax machines. I get it checked it with the provider first but they were getting SIP 486 error, means the issue is at our end only and then we figured it out and thought of reconfiguring the pbx again only for the fax machines.

I don't know, I would need a whole lot more information to even point you in the right direction. We have asked some specific questions and you haven't replied to our questions about

Software Release
CoRes or not
VxWorks or Linux Call server

This isn't going to be an easy task to completely change all the IP addresses

If all you need is SIP to analog/fax you should look into getting a SIP to analog gateway. That's going to be a whole heck of a lot easier to setup than your old PBX and can be a more permanent solution.

HI KCFLHRC, I understand your concern But I am also not sure what information to provide you. Anyways we opted a new way to overcome the issue. We redirected the concerned fax to the working fax and it is working now.

Thanks for your patience and help !! I really appreciate it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back