Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

New installation

Status
Not open for further replies.

MLNorton

Programmer
Nov 15, 2009
US
I have reinstalled Delphi and get the following errors:

"Runtime error in install. Access violation at address 0046FCEF in Module Setup.exe. Read of address 000001B4."

When I try to run Delphi I get the following message:

"The Microsoft Documenr Explorer is not installed and the help system will not function. Please install .NET 2.0 SDX with documentation."

I have run the repair and get the same results. I cannot find .NET 2.0 SDX but I can find .NET 2.0 and .NET 3.5 but neaiher will load.

Delphi will not run.

How can I resolve these problems?

IIRC, there was an EXE on the install disc that did not run Setup directly but rather went through a list of all pre-reqs and installed them (with your confirmation). Once they were all done then it ran setup.exe.
Have you tried that by any chance (provided it exists on the disc you are installing from)?

~
“Your request is not unlike your lower intestine: stinky, and loaded with danger.” — Ace Ventura.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back