Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

New install?

Status
Not open for further replies.

hande

IS-IT--Management
Aug 1, 2002
GB
I have three ML370 G4 Servers 3.2Ghz Zeon with 2Gb Ram 3X72Gb HD and A HP RAID Smart Array 641 controller in each of them

The plan is as follows

One server will be the domain controller

One server will run the sql live database

One server will run the sql fail over server

Questions are;

Do I need another server to run as a print file server?
do I need to install DNS on all the servers if not which one
The same with Wins/DHCP

I have been advise to purchase a HP D100 1Tb model and set this up as a Print/Fileserver/Wins/DNS/DHCP Server and then leave the other faster servers to run as they are.

We only have twenty people in the office and will later on have about 80 remote sites connecting how ever they are only going to connect via webmail, and need the main SQL database replicated to the remote offices

Please advise as I am new to 2003 server and I am used to NT4

Do the other servers need to be configured at member servers to the DC (NT they are BDC)

Also whats a good ip range to use and how do you add distrubition groups to exchange 2003 and can you assign this group with an email address as you could in exchange 5.5

Many Thanks in advance

Hande

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back