Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

New install with R7(12)

Status
Not open for further replies.

mode1

Programmer
Mar 4, 2008
US
Recently installed new v2 with r7(12). Using 1416 phones and all phones but 3 came up. The 3 phones said on display no firmware upgrade. Then they would start to upgrade and then display same message. Manager was running on computer. Any issues with this. I had 9 phones come up no problem just the 3 would not?

Did you plugged the phone in a port that already upgraded a phone?
If yes then use a different port of reboot the IP Office and try again.

BAZINGA!

I'm not insane, my mother had me tested!

Hey Ive had the same issue... Do you have another IPO you can get youre hands on. What I did was plugged them into a different IPO and they took the firmware from that one. Brought them to the customers location and they worked

I had this happen often
In the manager,go to the system tab and make sure that the manager is set a the file server and put your laptop's address as the tftp server. Then merge the config
Reoppen the manager, unplug and replug the phone that's not working and look at the bottom left of your screen it will have some king of error message about a missing file. Search for that file on the Avaya website and put it in your manager's bin files and you'll see your phone starting to download

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back