Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

New install,where to begin

Status
Not open for further replies.

LeGars

Programmer
Jun 17, 2005
CA
i have to install a new option 11.i have my GK course on the cs 1000 admin and bars.My system is on the wall and operational.i log on it with admin1 0000.

whats is the best way to program it?program the cdb and modify cfn after program the rdb and tnb?the last thing to do is bars? (where to find a script for bars?)

is not a big install 1 pri ,40 3902,pc console and HMS400.

thank you

Programming the system is very extensive. You need to personalize each phone and features in the system. In the forum, generally the people help with troubleshooting in systems installed.

Javier

you've got the basic idea. the opt 11 has a lot of defaults built in, once you get the cdb like you want it, the cfn is pretty close to right, except for any pri's you're going to add. what do you want for bars? i have several scripts, one works in any nadp switch. if your used to scripts, i'll paste the fill lines and let you custom modify for your site. a couple of fine points, if my pri, t1 is in slot 1, that rdb would be 1, the rlb, and all dgt's would start with 1, ie 10,11,12. don't forget the loads we don't play with much dtr's ddb. when you get stuck, use a new topic, your more likely to get a quick response. a lot of us see a thread with 30 replies that the tech has been over his head since day one and ignore it but a question with 0 responses is the 1st ones most of us read. before you change anything, make a soft copy, it's better to have a folder with files you never need then to not have the one you can't get working... if you spend a little time with this site and the search feature, you'll get better response..don't let the size of this project slow you down. i have started a 11 on monday with 200 phones and a couple of pri's and cut it friday ona 40 hour week, plus 4 for cut friday pm..

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Thank you John,I saw here in Montreal region tech program
all npa 1200 to 1999 (deny 1976) and all nxx 200 to 999 (deny 976)i want to do the same.Im using procomm to program.

i'm going to add that to faq next week, it's the way i do it on my installs, it's easy to remove a few you don't need then to add the new ones. scripting is more important to a person that plans on staying in this field then any tool you can learn, using excel to build a database, word to merge that with with a script can allow me to do things as simple as a few 1000 names to modifiying 1000's of phones an hour, i would never do an install using any other method. i am a above average typest, but with scripts 1 changed the ncos on around 7000 stations in an 8 hour day. i moved all ncos 3 to 6, 2 to 4, etc. the project was to add ncos's between the allow tables of the original install a decade earlier. wihtout scripts it would have taken a couple of weeks.

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

that brings up another point, bars/nars planing. for a new install i use ncos 1,4,5,7.. 0ne being in house, 7 being international plus everything allowed below.. by doing it that way, if i need a special class later, i can use the steps i left blank. this also allows an easy auth code build later. after 30+ doing hard and software installs, i have learned that anything that you don't plan on, the customer will request.

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

another point, when i don't have work screens open at the same time my post run a little long, but when you like your job, you also like seeing techs at all levels meeting on level ground. sets are another time consuming problem. the best way i have found is decide on a basic template that i like, for instance a simple 3900 with mail lna tdd, ncos 4, 2 lines, nothing off the wall. i build it on a tn that is easy to remember, for me in a larger switch, 16 0 14 14, 56 0 14 14, numbers that i plan on using a lot. then cpy 16, 3903 an the tndn prompts enter auto then either use a 30 second script to enter the next 16 tns and the next 16 dn's i want to use, then run the sister script, adding the second lines, get the des set to your plan. by doing it that way. each 16 unique sets will take less then 5 minutes. don't put all the sets for a dept on a card, if depts have number is sequence, just don't line the up on a card, if you lose a card it's better to spread it out. i usually put my most high profile users as port 0, on each card pa's with aom's etc. attention to detail now, will make your next install that mush cleaner. and it;s nice if your not the installer that no one want's to work behind

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Another good thing to remember, especially if you are going to install more than 1, is to do the basic call handling programming then back that up to a PCMCIA card, the next install you have the basics that may need tweaked but you aren't re-entering all the NPA and NXX data.

MY first sugestion is to clean out all the default programming in the system first. There are routs and members programmed in the system as defualt.

btw the bars script i just posted might help

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back