Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

NEW INSTALL OF NOVELL SMALL BUSINESS 5 ON INTEL XEON SERVER 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

grob

Technical User
Nov 14, 2000
US
Greetings:

We are attemting to update our server hardware. We currently run Novell Small Business Suite 5. Our old server was SCSI. The new server SATA. Old server had 34G drive, New 160G.

We followed the instructions regarding partition of the drive, formatting.... We keep hanging the installation as soon as the IDEATA.HAM is to be loaded.

Does anybody know a solution to load the Netware product on a SATA drive?

Is it possible that this is a BIOS issue? We currently have the BIOS to configure SATA as IDE.

Umm, I'm not even sure that's officially supported. In other words, Netware 5 was before SATA hard drives even came out.

Take a look at this while we wait for Marv to enlighten us.

Also take a look at these three comments (1 question, two comments)

Or from this thread, try installing with a CD that has SP7 integrated into it (which may contain SATA drivers)

The only way i have been able to et this to work with older versions of netware (5.0, 5.1) was to do a manual installation. I used to have a guide outlining the steps but lost the link from the Novell site.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back