Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

New Infragistics 6.2 WebCombo problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

INFOHELP

Programmer
Apr 14, 2006
US
Hello - I just installed the "latest and greatest" version of Infragistics 6.2 specifically for the webcombo boxes. This latest version of infragistics allows for the combo box to have a typeahead feature "suggest". This will populate the field with options as you type.

Let me just say that I have had nothing but problems. My question is, when loading a page I call a stored procedure which will give me a record. This record has data that belongs in a few of the combo boxes. Well on LoadClient, as I am debugging I see that the data is in there however, when I get the page, the data is not there. It is as if the page was new for those fields. This is how I am attempting to populate the fields.

If Not IsDBNull(rdr("Language")) Then
Me.cmbLanguage.DataValue = (rdr("language").ToString)
End If

If Not IsDBNull(rdr("Employment")) Then
Me.cmbEmployStatus.DataValue = rdr("Employment").ToString
End If

Very simple. I have tried different variations since it has changed from 6.1. Previously I had no problems with

me.cmbLanguage.selectedvalue = rdr("Language").tostring

My thinking is that the datasource does not fill in those combo boxes at initialization, but after the form itself has loaded.

Any help?

thanking you in advance

Maria

Since this is an Infragistics control, give them a call. They have great support.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back