Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

new hardware Upgrade to 2003 from 2000... all is well...now what?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mlchris2

Technical User
Mar 18, 2005
US
Alright, last week I installed new hardware along with Exchange 2003 on our network with the intent to phase out our 2k/x2000 server. Last night I moved all the mailboxes to the 2003 server and setup Internet mail. I am not sending and recieving all mail through the 2003 server.

I figured i would keep the 2000 server up and running for a few days and then remove it from the network, by performing an uninstall of exchange, then power down.

Can any of you offer advice on what I might need to do before I actually remove exchange from the 2000 server? I might have missed something during the swap.

Also, am I okay if I just uninstall exchange 2000 and then remove the server from the network?

any comments, recommendations and general knowledge assistance will be greatlp appriciated.

thanks

Mark C.
Network Admin - Digital Draw Network

Have you replicated all the public folders, changed default server for RUS?

Neill

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back