Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

New hard drive in Nokia IP330

Status
Not open for further replies.

khilari

Technical User
Sep 21, 2005
US
My checkpoint Firewall on Nokia IP330 died, so i opened the box and installed a new 10GIG IDE hard drive in it. The problem is that IP330 doesn't have a CD ROM, so i am wondering how i will load IPSO on this box. This box came preloaded with IPSO so we didn't have to worry about the OS, but now when i have replaced the Hard drive, i am wondering how I can possibly load an OS on this Nokia box and get this back running.

Please advise.

You need to copy a working image to your new hard drive before you put it in.

You may be able to scrape enough from the old drive to get it working, or if you have another nokia firewall, use an image taken from that.

Stu

Thanks stooo; i appreciate the help.

khilari, I know you may never see this as it is a bit after the fact. The main thing that needs to be done here is copying the boot image/loader. The new drive needs a boot partition from an existing working drive. Imaging a new drive with a copy of the existing one would be a good thing for all of us to do before our drive fails. The alternative is to pay Nokia a lot of money for the service.

Hope this information is accurate and helpful.

Bruce

I thought the IP330 took a 20Gb hard drive?

Alternatively, we have an old image of our IP330.... Interested and we could agree to trade?

10Gig as standard. I don't think the BIOS recognises drives over 20 Gig (it might be 40)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back