Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

New Group for Exmerge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andree

IS-IT--Management
Feb 15, 2001
US
Here's my problem

"By default in Exchange 2003, organization administrators and domain administrators inherit the Allow permission in addition to the Deny permission for the Receive As permission and the Send As permission.

To use ExMerge, the accounts that use this utility must have the Send As permission and the Receive As permission.

Microsoft recommends that you create a new security group and then grant permissions to this group so that these groups are not restricted by the inherited permissions. Additionally, you must add accounts to this group to use ExMerge."

If I create a new group that allows certain users to use exmerge, and put users who are in Domain Admins, which some of the needed people are, I end up with deny rights...

Any suggestions..

Thx

you could create a new user and give the user on securitylevel the send as and receive as rights

by default please don't let the user be part of any group which can cause a deny over allow

if you have tips or comments send them to me. I am a human and humans could give wrong answers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back