Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

New GeForce 6800 anyone? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Echoe

Technical User
Dec 15, 2003
US
Anyone around here want an Asus V9999 Gamers edition video card? I just bought one and then realized I don't have enough $ for the rest of my computer parts.... I need to downgrade to finish it. It is brand new and never opened. Its a really sweet card, I just need cash and there no other way to get it. I was looking forward to it, and it breaks my heart to get something else, but I can't do much if I don't have a PC to run it on :-/... You can see it here:

You can reply here or email me if you are interested. Thanks guys!

Oh dear! and after all that research and effort and money!
You sure you couldn't sweet talk the retailer into exchanging it for a motherboard/CPU/memory and case, I'm sure if you just explain your plight, the worst he could do it charge you a nominal restocking fee.
All the best
Just be careful trying to sell it here, it's not really the place.
Martin

We like members to GIVE and not just TAKE.
Participate and help others.

OR!!!!!!
Perhaps a cheaper card ie: Radeon 9600XT which would still leave you will enough for a mainboard/CPU and ram.
Martin

Hahah, yea... All I have left though is the CPU, so I think I am just going to get a 128 Mb model rather than a 256.... :-(. But yea, I didn't plan very well. And the retailler charges a 15% restocking fee which would be almost all the differnce, so thats out of the question. I guess its just one of those painfull lessons you learn as life goes on. But thanks for your help/support Martin! I'll even star you again ;-).

Echoe
But that 15% you talk about is nothing compared to what you will loose trying to resell the item.
People expect at least a 20% saving if buying privately.
I understand your predicament and I know how we would stand on this at our shop.
If the customer hadn't damaged the packaging in any way and the card could be sold as new, AND the customer intended to buy other goods, at least to the value of the card, if not more, then we would waver the restocking fee.
Because!!!!! the customer is still spending his/her money with us ans possibly even spending more.
A restocking fee is only charged on a refund or when we will take a loss on the item.
I still think you could try talking to your supplier stating you want replacement goods and intend to spend a little more with them.
Martin

Yea, I already tried that, but they won't budge.... See in the US, the retailers aren't nearly as nice as you Martin :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back