Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

New FAQ: Complete Guide To Leap Years

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unscruffed

Programmer
Apr 2, 2002
AU

Anyone looking for comprehensive info about calculating Leap Years, please be advised of a new tutorial at faq222-6901.

Cheers,
Scruff.

Be good. If you can't, don't get caught!

Fascinating bit of history - but IsDate provides the same info in one line.
Code:
Msgbox IsDate("29/02/" & myYear)

Steam Engine Prints

That's certainly the most scholarly FAQ I've ever seen on Tek-Tips!

Slight Fat Finger problem with the F A Q

the Gregorian Calendar was introduced on

24 February 1582

NOT

24 February 1852 as stated in FAQ

Peter

Thanks for the comments guys, much appreciated.

Forgot about IsDate, didn't I? Thanks John, I'll fix that tonight. As it's the easiest method to code, it's certainly worth a mention.

The plan was to show not only how to code the formula, but give an understanding of why the formula is needed in the first place. So, I guess I succeeded in that area. Thanks Joe.

The "fat finger" issue has been been corrected. Thanks Peter. [thumbsup2]

Be good. If you can't, don't get caught!

>the Gregorian Calendar was introduced on
> 24 February 1582

But not everyone signed up to the idea then. The Protestant German countries didn't sign up until 1700. England (and the American colonies) didn't make the (by now 11 day) change until September 2, 1752 - and there were riots demanding the days back

< riots demanding the days back
I suppose because employers found in this some convenient way to dock employees' pay...

>But not everyone signed up to the idea then.
It took the Communists to get most of Russia up to speed on this: the Orthodox church still isn't on board.

Sweet, very nice!

Thanks man!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back