Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

New extension and VM on Magix 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

subnetworx

Technical User
Nov 9, 2004
US
Hello,

I am trying to add an extension and vm to an existing Merlin Magix and Messaging.

The phone is a 44XX and I have an available TDL port ID12. Adj # 7311.

There are 3 existing Auto attendants as this system is shared.

I need to know how to program the port for the phone. Renumber the extension on Logical ID. Add VM on the extension and make sure the extension is added to the Autoattendant.

Can anyone help here?

Thanks in advance.

Not sure of your question?? I don't know what you mean by program the port. If you want to know the existing extension number of the 44xx phone just intercom another extension with display and you will see the calling extension number. If you want that extension number or the adjunct to be some other number - then you will have to go into system programming and do a renumber for that single extension and/or adjunct. Once that is done - you need to add the extension and/or adjunt extension # to your voice mail cover group. You then need to go into voicemail administration and add a mail box for the extension and/or adjunct.

Tom Daugirdas,
President
STCG, Inc.
stcg.com

Sounds easy enough. Thanks for understanding what I was trying to ask :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back