Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

New Excel Workbooks don't open up separately anymore 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

franksirvent

Programmer
Mar 8, 2002
GB
Until recently everytime I opened a new Excel Workbook, on my Windows Start Bar I will get a new instance of Excel.

However from a few days back, I get all the workbooks in the same Excel application, so all the Workbooks are displayed together, having to minimize one to jump to the next (cascade).

Anyone knows how to fix this? Is it some set up I changed by error?

I also have another problem with the blue bars which also started recently with the LineBreak Preview...before I could grab the blue dotted line and move it, but I cannot move these lines anymore...

Looks like some virus, although I am not sure...

Any comments will be appreciated...

For Excel, to open in a new instance, you have to actually go and Open the Excel application first, and then from the application, open a workbook. If you open a workbook by doubl-clicking the file's icon, it will by default open in the currently active instance (if there is one).

If you want to ALWAYS open new instances for each file, you can do some VBA coding to force excel to do that. I've seen code for such posted in at least 1 or 2 threads in the past couple weeks.

--

"If to err is human, then I must be some kind of human!" -Me

Tools, Options, View, Windows in Taskbar????

Member- AAAA Association Against Acronym Abusers

dear xlhelp

thanks !!!

that does it !!! I must have unticked by error !!!!!

thanks again !!!"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back