Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

New Drive Mapping Is Not Showing Up Correctly, Still Is Old Share Name

Status
Not open for further replies.

mdcr

IS-IT--Management
Oct 3, 2001
US
We have created a new client share on our network, and we have manually changed some people's mappings, so we manually disconnect the old H: drive (Right click My Computer, choose Disconnect Network Drive, choose the H: drive, hit OK), but when we go back to My Computer, the H: drive shows up still, though it is slightly greyed out. We then go to manually map a new H: drive (Right click My Computer, choose Map Network Drive, choose the H: drive, type out the UNC path, hit OK), and the correct contents are in that H: drive now, but the label on the H: drive still says "Data on OldServer (Server1)", so even though the contents are correct, the label deceives people and they don't think the change has successfully taken place... Anyone ever seen this? We've also gone into the command prompt and manually deleted the old drive mappings too, but the label still shows up wrong... Thanks for any help you can give!

Have you tried searching the Registry on any effected machines, or more likely on the Server, to see what entries are retaining that name of the Share, "Data on OldServer (Server1)"?

Deleting mapped drives
thread779-1038521

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back