Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

new domain server 2003 and no-ip.com

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 8, 2003
US
I hope I posted this in the correct forum. I recently purchased a domain, stumbaugh.org. Prior to that I had setup a local domain controller/dns server(server2003). I already had setup a domain for my domain controller named rodge(.com), this is just an active directory domain for local use. Once I knew I was getting a domain, I setup a webserver(2003) and joined it to rodge also. Since the domain I purchased is just for my use, I'm going to setup the webserver as an exchange server as well(exchange 2003). Everything seems to be correct as far as no-ip is concerned. When I check the domain stumbaugh.org on dnsreports.com, it looks to me as if everything is good. However, I cannot get to the webpage(index.htm), not even by ip address. I'm thinking I've got records wrong somewhere on my local dns server.
Questions:
Should the soa record be pointing to my webserver or to the no-ip nameservers? What about cname, and host (A). I did setup both a forward lookup zone for rodge.com and stumbaugh.org, but I've changed so manmy things that it's possible that I've gotten some records incorrect. Is there a way I can check to see if I have things setup correctly on my end? I have gone over and over the IIs on the webserver and even used the remote agent to go over things. I'm using a cable modem with a df-link router and port 80 is forwarded to the webserver as well as the dns port forwarded to my domain controller. This is the first time I've done any of this, so there could be plenty I've done wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back